Read a letter from our YRE Teacher
and learn about our program for 2018-2019 HERE!
Children & Youth Religious Education(RE) Programs
In children and youth religious education classes, we provide children a grounding in the values represented in the Statement of Principles adopted by congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
– That each and every person is important
– That all people should be treated fairly
– That our churches are places where all people are accepted and where we keep learning together
– That each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life
– That everyone should have a vote about things that concern them
– In working for a peaceful, fair, and free world
– In caring for our planet earth
What you and your children can expect during the regular school year
Welcome to our community. Each Sunday all our children gather with their parents as we begin worship together. After our Chalice Lighting, Sharing our Joys and Concerns and sometimes a special Children’s Lesson, all the children who will be attending Religious Education go together to their classrooms.
We strive to create a friendly environment where the adults and children of our congregation come to know each other and build a sense of community.
If you have questions about our program, please call the church office at 570-888-0252 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or come a few minutes early on Sunday, and the greeters near the front door can direct you to someone who can answer your questions.
Rev. Darcey Laine