Our mission is to be a liberal religious community dedicated to service, spiritual growth, and ethical living.
Meet our Minister and Youth Religious Educator on our Meet Our Staff page: link here.
Please find a list of Rev. Darcey Laine’s sermons and responses to her blog at revlaine.blogspot.com/
Our Members and Friends
We call ourselves “the little church that could”! Leadership is widespread in our congregation. We love to talk with each other and have fun together. UUCAS consists of members and friends who live locally and some who travel as much as 60 miles.
We are a Welcoming Congregation. A Welcoming Congregation affirms the presence and participation of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and/or Transgendered (GLBT) people. To become a Welcoming Congregation, we attended a series of workshops exploring our attitudes, prejudices, and ignorance about GLBT people. The Unitarian Universalist Association recognized UUCAS as a Welcoming Congregation in 2007.
We are also a Safe Congregation. Please visit our Safe Congregation Page for more information.
Welcome to the Unitarian Universalist Church of Athens and Sheshequin. Please come and join us for worship services at 10:00 Sunday mornings!
In July and August, we meet at our historic Sheshequin Church on Sheshequin Road in Athens Township.
From September through June, we meet at our Athens building at 112 North Street, Athens, PA, 18810
Please check the “About Us”, “Newcomers”, “News & Events” tabs for additional information you may find helpful. If you have questions during your visit, please speak to the greeters! We hope you will visit us this Sunday.
Things Newcomers Might Want To Know
* Half of our worship services are lay-led. The other half are led by our minister, the Rev. Darcey Laine.
* Dress at our church is always eclectic and informal. Visitors will feel comfortable in business casual to contemporary social attire. Greeters will be glad to help make your visit comfortable and enjoyable.
* We offer children and youth religious education classes and free child care for pre-school age children.
* Assisted Listening Devices and Orders of Service in large print are available. The building is equipped with a handicap ramp but it does not have a handicapped accessible bathroom.
* Parking in the Athens Building is behind the building and on the street.